Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rest in Peace, friend Shirley

Dear Fellow Singers-- As you know our faithful fellow singer Shirley Marble passed away from cancer early Saturday morning Feb 6. What many of you might not know is that during times when the chorus was hard pressed financially Shirley, as a member-at-large and also administrator for an "Arts in Farmington Trust" took music to Farmington in the form of SCC which people enjoyed, and which helped the chorus weather some tough years.

The wake is at the Peaslee Funeral Home on Main St in Farmington from 6-8 PM Mon Feb 8, the funeral is at 1100 at the First Parish Church in Farmington. As many people from SCC who can be there should be at the church at 1000 in concert dress for a warm-up. We shall sing For All the Saints, God Shall Wipe Away All Tears, and God Be With you. Richard L will bring music. I am carpooling with Betty K at 9 Tuesday AM. I have room for 3 more people in my car. Contact me if you want to go. Barb K

1 comment:

Mike Herlihy said...

Sorry that I was unable to attend due to work commitments. Shirley will be missed, and I am glad to have known her through the SCC.